Tuesday, 12 April 2016

Magnetic Shift Blog Tour - Guest Post



Title: MAGNETIC SHIFT
Author: Lucy D. Briand
Pub. Date: April 12, 2016
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Format: Paperback, eBook
Amazon | Barnes & Noble  

The ability to magnetize and manipulate metal with the flick of her wrist makes seventeen-year-old Lexi Adams a crack mechanic, but it’s a disaster in the making when her stepdad trades her skills to NASCAR team owner Dean Grant for an entire season’s worth of sponsorship ads.

Now Lexi has no other choice but to suck it up and hope she can keep her magnetic impulses under control—that is, until she runs into NASCAR’s hot new rookie, Colton Tayler.


When Carl Stacy, the ruthless team owner of the defending Cup Champion, discovers Lexi’s secret and plots to use it to ruin Dean’s race team for good, Lexi must either expose her ability to save Colton, risking Dean’s career and her own freedom in the process, or watch the only guy she’s ever fallen for race to his death. 


I wanted to do something fun for you all. I was given the option to share with you my playlist for MAGNETIC SHIFT. This seems to be a common request. I’ve read many blog posts where authors like to share their lists of songs that inspired them while they put their thoughts into words. I wanted to do the same…

Only, I don’t have a list. I have one song. That’s it.

I don’t listen to music while I write. I don’t like too many distractions, but this one song stuck with me when I was struggling with this one scene near the end. It played over and over in my head until I finally got the scene just right.

This one song is: “Tell Me It’s OK” by Josh Henderson.



But since I couldn’t deliver a long list of fun songs to listen to I’ve added two bonuses.

Bonus one: I did a lot of research before during and after writing MAGNETIC SHIFT. I brushed up on my knowledge of the rules and regulations (at that time. They change often) and visited many of the sanctioned race tracks in the Cup series. In Daytona I got the chance to do the ultimate research and ride passenger in a stock car for 3 laps. This 170 mph experience I am sharing with you was the most intense 6 minutes of my life. If you ever get the opportunity to try this…DO IT :P



Bonus two: My inspiration of Colton Tayler’s Guardian Angel car. A design my husband built with his PS3 NASCAR game. Isn’t she pretty?



Tour Schedule

Week One:
4/4/2016- Curling Up With A Good BookInterview
4/5/2016- Take Me Away To A Great ReadReview
4/6/2016- Moonlight Gleam ReviewsGuest Post
4/7/2016- A Dream Within A DreamReview
4/8/2016- Two Chicks on BooksInterview

Week Two:
4/11/2016- Eli to the nthReview
4/12/2016- Lost in Ever AfterGuest Post
4/13/2016- A Backwards StoryReview
4/14/2016- The Cover ContessaInterview
4/15/2016- With Love for Books - Review


About the Author

Lucy D. Briand lives in Ottawa, Canada with her comic book fanatic husband and her nonchalant Siamese cat.
By day she works full time as a public servant for the Government of Canada, but by night her creative mind takes over and conjures up young adult gear-head romance stories with supernatural twists.
When not working, reading, writing, or watching way too much TV, Lucy likes to cosplay, attend ComicCons, go on road trips to Walt Disney World, and play ridiculous amounts of board games. She’s a geek to the core but is also a huge NASCAR Cup fan.
Lucy is represented by Brittany Booker Carter of The Booker Albert Literary Agency.

Links: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Instagram




1 winner will receive a finished copy of MAGNETIC SHIFT, US Only.
1 winner will receive a swag prize pack and 25$ Amazon Gift Card, International.

a Rafflecopter giveaway
Design by EvieSeo. Powered by Blogger.