Monday, 19 May 2014

Musical Monday #22





Song: Shatter Me- Lindsey Sterling feat. Lzzy Hale
Book: Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi

I'm back bitches!!!!!! Did ya miss me? It has been a while since I have done a guest post *hangs head in shame*. So I am a massive HALESTORM fan and have a huge crush on Lzzy Hale and when Kristie told me that she was doing a collaboration with the amazing violinist, Lindsey sterling I knew that I had to look into it. And HOLY CRAP guys, it is AMAZING and beautiful and just ugh! So when I was watching the video (on repeat many many times) I started thinking about the novel of the same name by another one of my lady crushes, Tahereh Mafi.

If you haven’t read this book read it! Her writing style is unique and has a smidge of British wittiness!! I don't want to get into too much detail lest I give something important away. But the main character Juliette, reminds me a lot of the ballerina in the shatter me music video, at the beginning  she feels trapped and doesn't understand what/why this is happening but by the end she becomes more powerful than she could imagine and breaks free! Is this making any sense to anyone out there?

When I suggested this music Monday post to Kristie she didn't know if the connection worked... However she hasn't read the book so ya.... Basically you kind of have to read the book to make the connection so just go read the book!!!

Tiny Hulk out! *drops mic*
Design by EvieSeo. Powered by Blogger.