Monday, 20 January 2014

Musical Monday #18





When your favorite band(s) go on tour, you always want to get to know who they're touring with. Some you like or some you just fall in love with.

Ghost Town was one I fell in love with. They toured with Marianas Trench on a US tour, now I personally didn't see them live, but all my friends who went to the shows were raving about them. They're an awesome group of guys and word is they'll be touring Canada this year. I had to ask my friend, Ashley, from Bands Books and Bras which song to showcase tonight because all their stuff is bloody amazing.

I give a band a lot of credit if they can perform their music acoustically. There are some bands that start out by writing it acoustically. Like The Pretty Reckless, who have said if they can't perform it acoustically, then they don't finish the song. Acoustics give that song a different edge to it, it can bring up a different reaction in the listener. Basically it is just pizza. 

One thing I want to point out is how awesome their art is! If you guys venture off and check out more of their music (Ghost Town's Youtube), you may notice they have some inspiration from a big youtuber. The lovely Leda. Let me know what you think of the song/band. For now, I must occupy myself with hearing them, before I will be graced in their presence. Til next week, happy listening.

Design by EvieSeo. Powered by Blogger.