Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Chaos Review and Favorite Quotes

 Title: Chaos
Series: Kardia Chronicles #1
Author: Christine O'Neil
Release Date: August 19, 2013
Format: Ebook
Pages: 340
Review Copy: From Publisher
My name is Maggie Raynard. After sixteen years being just plain me, suddenly, when I lose my temper, my fingers become weapons of mass destruction. Turns out I'm a semi-god, descended from Aphrodite. Sounds cool in theory, but when I accidentally put my ex-boyfriend in a coma, things go downhill pretty fast.

Now some new guy named Mac Finnegan has made it his mission in life to continually piss me off. I'm stuck learning how to use my new powers while also dealing with regular high school problems, and with this annoying—and super-hot—guy all up in my business, I'm about to flip out.

But it gets worse. I just learned there's this watchdog council of semis who keeps an eye out for any bad apples. They think I'm the baddest of the bunch and want to take me out before I do any more damage. My nemesis Mac might turn out to be my salvation, only he's got secrets of his own...and they may just kill us both.

Oh mythology, how I love you. The interesting thing with mythology is that you're limited to how you can approach them. Most of the time you're a God or Goddess by bloodline or reincarnation unless you're telling stories from the Gods themselves.

Christine does an amazing job of taking the story of Gods and Goddess and twisting it. We have Maggie, who a semi-god descended from Aphrodite. Now, Maggie doesn't understand the full extent of what she is until she puts her ex-boyfriend into a coma. It isn't until the new kid in school, Mac that she discovers the full power of what she is.

First off, let me say this. There needs to be more YA books with single dads. As being a daughter of a single dad, I'm not feeling the love. This didn't affect my rating, I'm just pointing it out.

I liked Maggie, she was a badass mofo of a main character. Finally! I'm not the only short person. Very rarely are MC ever short, so the fact that I read Maggie was only 5'3" made me giggle in delight. Her need to bitch slap but also make out with Mac was great! He was an ass to her, but it was for the sake of her powers. Or something like that, at least.

Mac, what to do with you? Where everyone else instantly fell head over heels for you, I did not. I mean, yes you're awesome and I get why people loved you. So, let's face it, it's not you, it's me. I'm the one with the problem.

Maggie, I give you kudos for dealing with Mac's BS and all the training he's put you through thus far. But my maternal instinct kicked in when you wore less than warm clothing in your cold winter. Come on girl! You're going to catch a cold.

I wish there was more talk about the Gods themselves as Maggie was learning about them. Though there was the right balance of romance and action. Libby and Bink were great, can't wait to hear more about them. This is a great start to a series and I recommend of lovers of mythology alike to read.


"I could almost hear Professor McGonagall subtracting five more friend points from Gryffindor" - 160

"Whoa. Heightened senses? You mean like Spiderman?"
Please say yes, please say yes.
"No."
My crushing disappointment must have been all over my face because he chuckled.
"I mean, not exactly"
I perked up, and he laughed harder. - 211-212

It looked like Jabba the Hutt had vomited Vegas showgirls everywhere - 249

Design by EvieSeo. Powered by Blogger.